Spiritual Poetry posted December 2, 2022


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
True meaning of Christmas

Bah-Humbug

by MyaAponi

Christmas has lost all meaning. It's not supposed to be about how many gifts you get, how expensive they are, or about parties and booze, but that's all it seems to be about this year. 
 
Christmas may be one of the most celebrated holidays but if you take a close look around, you will notice that a lot of people who are celebrating Christmas seem to have forgotten about something very important.
 
Christmas is supposed to be about Jesus, not about Santa Claus, or about anyone or anything else. 
 
You won't find the essence of Christmas in any of the decorations hanging on any Christmas tree. Nor will you find it on any of the TV commercials you see.
 
The true essence of Christmas is found in the reason for the birth of Jesus Christ. That He was born to be the Saviour of the world! 
 
In other words, over two thousand years ago, God's son, our Savior, was born to save his people from their sins. We have always used Christmas as a way to commemorate the birthday of that Son.  
 
So, Christmas is not the celebration of Santa Claus, or of anyone or anything else. Christmas is supposed to be the celebration of the birth of Jesus, who was born to save us from our sins.
 
If you think this holiday is about presents, parties and booze, then you definitely have been missing out on the true essence of Christmas.



Christmas Poetry contest entry


The First Milestone
This authors first post!
A Milestone Post
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. MyaAponi All rights reserved.
MyaAponi has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.