Satire Fiction posted December 1, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Annual Christmas letter to our friends.

From our Home to Yours

by HarryT


 
Well, friends, as you can see from the paw prints on your Christmas card, we have a new addition to our family. Her name is Snow White, and she is a darling little poodle. Just in case you didn’t notice, she’s the one dressed as Santa’s elf (Ha, Ha). I got her a nice green sweater and an elf hat at our St. Joseph’s Christmas Bazaar. Don’t you think she is the cutest thing? She is friendly and would be so happy to greet you when you come for a visit.
 
The year has been a hectic one besides the pandemic, Jim was in the emergency room two times, not Covid, but with colitis and crippling sciatica so bad that he had to crawl to the washroom until he was able, after six weeks of torture, to get a Cortisone shot. But now he is better and bowling again. My eyes are still a problem, glaucoma, and dryness. I must put drops in every two hours and place hot patches on them in the morning and at night. Not fun!
 
Snow White had medical problems too. When we were out walking in the forest preserves, she ran into the underbrush and became infected with poison ivy. We had to bathe her for five days with dog shampoo mixed with oatmeal. Luckily, she didn’t eat any of the leaves. However, she also came up with a bowel obstruction, which was taken care of by our wonderful vet, Dr. Wolf. I'm so happy I have found FanStory. It brings me great pleasure because I can use my imagination and escape into my unique writing zone, where I write stories and poems. 
 
Well, that is about it for now. Merry Christmas from our home to yours.
 
Fondly,
 
Mary and Jim


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.