General Non-Fiction posted November 29, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Faith contest entry

Firm in Faith

by dovemarie

I was called a "woman of faith" by a priest. I have had to work on my Faith, a lot of times I have been in despair. I perform good deeds to back up my faith - the Bible says "Faith without works is dead." I've grown to believe that Faith has performed miracles in my life. My most recent faith experience happened from September - November 2022, when I was sick with septic blood infection plus Covid-19. I prayed, the priest came to see me to give me Holy Communion, and I found out that after I thought I was getting a only a studio apartment at a new complex, I would be getting a one bedroom after all.

When I was still in an advanced therapy facility, receiving intravenous antibiotics, I was able to obtain 3-hour passes and go out into the community to attend Mass, to give Communion to a home-bound woman, and also go to my day program. I put my faith in a lot of people from the churches I go to - their names are: Kay, Jodi, Beatrice, Rachel, David, another David, Fr. Michael, Chris, Dawn, Cindy, Gladys, Alicia, and Juliana. I had some bad times, when a couple of these friends backed out on me for giving me rides, but I had the courage to maintain my faith that everything would work out. And my dreams are coming true! I will be moving out into my new apartment in early January 2023. After being almost at death's door, I have a whole new lease on life.



Faith writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay about faith.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.