General Non-Fiction posted November 29, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
One of my pet peeves - stay in your lane, go the right way,

Traffic

by Monica Chaddick

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

What in the hell is going on in the streets of Lake Charles, Louisiana? All day long, there are tons of cars on the roads. Don't any of these people have jobs to go to? Lines stretch out all through the stores. How can they all be in the stores if they don't go to work? There is no way ALL of these people are on social security disability or pensions or whatever.

Okay, if they all must be out, fine, let them all be out lined up in the stores and crowding the streets. However, if they MUST be out, could they at least drive correctly?

When driving on backwoods country roads, where the speed limit says fifty but everybody knows that's just a suggestion, the suggestion is definitely NOT to go slower. Some of these people get on those types of roads, and right away that is a problem, because although they can plainly and easily see you coming, they get in front of you on the road anyway. Then, when they have already cut you off, they see the speed limit sign that says fifty â?" and they start driving thirty. What the hell is that about? Blowing the horn does absolutely no good whatsoever. They just ignore it. Trying to pass them is taking a chance on your life, because they can't stay in their own damn lane. They weave all over the damn road, with no concern at all. Half the time, when you do attempt to pass them, they want to act like an asshole and speed up. I mean, really, why in the hell could you not have done that all this time? Of course, though, once you are safely back in the lane behind them, they go right back to dragging ass. A trip that could take you ten minutes takes thirty instead.

And Oh, My Goodness, the parking lots. Let me talk a bit about the parking lots. First of all, the damn parking spaces are slanted in most places, showing you which direction to go. People, this is NOT a suggestion! I refuse to back up to make room for you when you are plainly the one in the wrong. I have sat for over ten minutes with some idiot motioning and yelling at me to back up. I just turned up my music and sat there. Eventually, the backwards idiot backed up enough so I could get by. Now I know â?" this sounds a bit childish on my part â?" I do realize that. I get very annoyed with people that can't follow simple directions are rules. If I can make the effort to do things correctly, why in the hell can't other people?

Another thing - handicapped parking spaces are people that are deemed handicapped. They are not a place for you to park when you have to "just run in real quick", nor are they their for you to sit and wait for your friend to come out. They are also not for someone able bodied to park in because they have a tag for someone else in their car. Have a little damn consideration you fucking ignorant ass people.

And you know who you are!



Write A Rant contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Monica Chaddick All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Monica Chaddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.