General Non-Fiction posted November 23, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The little ones share ...

Our true and special story!

by Wendy G


 
 

 
 
“Let’s write a story about Nan and Pa!” exclaimed E-J.
 
 
 
 

 
Chapter 1: I live far away from Nan and Pa, so Mum does video-calls to share my achievements.
 
I wave like crazy and try to kiss the phone. Last time, Mum videoed me crawling up our staircase. (J, 14 months)
 
 

Chapter 2: Today Nan and Pa took me on my first bus ride to the local café. It was fun. I like to colour pictures. Nan reads me stories. They have a super rocking-horse and a slide. (B, 21 months)
 
 

Chapter 3: Nan and Pa come to special days at my Pre-School, and everybody wants to sit with them. At home I show them special tricks on our trampoline.
 
Nan and Pa take us to a playground with a water park and fountains. They always take us to safe places, no snakes or wild animals, but once the grass had prickles. (E, aged four)
 
 
 
Chapter 4: Nan is special. I do my homework with Nan on Tuesdays, and I read to her. 

She bought us some fancy shower caps because we all have long hair. She has coloured bubble bath.
 
She buys us ‘gingerbread man’ treats at the café. Nan is going to teach me to knit, starting in the holidays. She’s teaching me fitness exercises, and I show her my gymnastics – but she can’t do it! She is better than me at standing on one leg. 

Pa spins the three of us around on his swivel chair. Sometimes he wheels us up the hall to the front door and back! Nan and Pa are going to drive us around to see all the lights and decorations in four weeks. We can’t wait! (C, aged six)

 
 
Chapter 5: Nan is good at braiding hair. I like to help with cooking when I go to their place. Pa is a tease sometimes, but he’s funny! He likes jigsaw puzzles, and I help him. Nan has taught me not to be frightened of dogs. She’s shown me how to love and care for them. (E-J, aged eight)
 
 
 
We love you, Nan and Pa!
 
The end.
 



Recognized


I have written a true story, about the grandparents of my grandchildren.
I have chosen to use their perspectives, so I have deliberately kept the wording and chapter lengths age appropriate. C writes the most because she talks the most!
The story is by the five youngest of my seven grandchildren (in the image). Only two crying tired little ones, and that's okay!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wendy G All rights reserved.
Wendy G has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.