General Fiction posted November 18, 2022 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a story

A chapter in the book Stories from Morrison

Snake and the Three Tiny Aliens

by Bill Schott


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Once upon a time, three tiny aliens went out looking for separate places to build shelters.

The youngest alien, Four-Handfuls-of-Ghoul-Stool, built himself a shelter made from pistachio shells.

The next older alien, What's-This-in-the-Vegematic, built herself a shelter made from old hypodermic syringes and tongue depressors.

The oldest alien, Handsome Hal, built itself a shelter made from Spam cans and nail-gun nails in bandanas.

One day a snake slithered up to the house of pistachio shells and decided that whatever lived there needed to be snake food. Honestly, this was the snake's evaluation ninety-nine percent of the time.

After a brief encounter, the tiny alien figured that he should flee and seek protection with the next older alien.

The serpent followed the alien, which ran in a straight line towards the next shelter. Once the snake arrived, both aliens evacuated their bowels and the shelter as they fled for the eldest alien's home.

The snake noted where the two aliens had run to, and then took a moment to slide by the old apple tree. He talked a frog into walking into his mouth, then gobbled down a mouse with a worm inside it. A naked lady came by, but that's another story.

Heading to the shelter made of cans and nails, the snake realized that the walls were a deterrent to its entry.

"Little aliens, little aliens, grant me access."

"Not by the fibers on our ventral mandibles."
 
"Then I will wait you out."
 
The snake coiled around the fortified structure and fell asleep.
 
Waiting inside, the aliens began talking. 
 
"Before we die, I need to tell you guys something," said Handsome Hal.
 
"Is it that you are from another planet?" asked Four-Handfuls-of-Ghoul-Stool.
 
"No."
 
"Is it that you are older only because you were born first?"  asked What's-This-in-the-Vegematic.
 
"No."
 
"Was it that you picked out everyone's name, including your own?" asked the snake, as it burrowed up throught the floor.
 
The three aliens were swallowed before Handsome Hal could answer, but -- don't we already know? 
 
 
 
 



Recognized


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.