Horror and Thriller Fiction posted November 17, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A scary dream from which I was happy to awaken.

Prowling Tigers

by HarryT


Last night, I was plagued by a fearful dream. Circling me were prowling tigers. Closer and closer, the tigers came surrounding my bed. Smelling the hot breath of these monsters, I cringed and tried to run away. I was trapped. I was their prey. Slowly, so slowly, they continued circling, their eyes ablaze with hunger. In my heart, I knew they wanted to devour me. Suddenly, the leader charged, his teeth gnashing, salvia spilling from his slobbering mouth.

Fortunately, I bounded awake. The warm sun dappled my face, while cold sweat soaked my pajamas. I eased my head down onto my pillow, relieved to hear the calls of “cheep, cheep,” and “pretty me,” sung by the bird choirs outside my bedroom window. I sat up and took a deep breath, calmed by the songs of morning chasing those prowling tigers away. Slipping from my bed, I stretched, happy to return to my real life again.




Create a Scene writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Imagination is a fascination sometimes. This one herein is mine.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.