General Fiction posted November 9, 2022 Chapters:  ...32 33 -34- 35... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short story

A chapter in the book Random Rhyme and Petty Prose

Robots

by Bill Schott


 
 
Robot narrowed and widened the frequency of its scan to facilitate a more accurate location for the item identified. A metric grid was eventually found where the life force was standing.

Robot disengaged the force field, releasing the lifting gases, and lowered itself to the ground using tiny boosters.

There, standing next to a huge statue of a man, was the surviving robot.
 
"How was annihilation of Robot avoided?" 
 
"Luck," said the surviving robot.
 
After analyzing for a microsecond, Robot spoke.
 
"There is no solution to the calculus without the use of the variable element," said the survivor.
 
"Robots have completed the initial and seconary phases of reconfiguration," said Robot.
 
"The final phase requires the dissolution of robots, which will release the genetic materials within." 
 
"Robots to terminate in ten seconds."
 
As the last second ticked away, Robot said, "Go with God."
 
 
 
 
 



Recognized


This ending was much more complex, but the combination of computer glitches causing text losses, and a real lack of following for the story anyway, I have brought it to a close.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.