Family Non-Fiction posted November 6, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a memory

The Video Interview

by jessizero

My sister was making a video for our grandparents’ anniversary.  It was meant to chronicle the relationship of our grandparents from the beginning of their relationship to the present, from when they first met to the birth of their great-grandchildren.

The video was going to include music with pictures of family and friends through the years.  The main thing, however, was to be the interview with our grandparents.

My sister asked them how they met, how long they dated, and other things.  My grandmother described to my sister her first kiss with my grandfather.  It took place the night before their wedding, outside her cousin’s house where she was staying.  My grandfather gently kissed my grandmother, then said, “I’m sorry.  I know that wasn’t right.  I will see you tomorrow.”

Another question my sister asked was what attracted them to each other.  My grandmother said that my grandfather was a Godly man with good morals and she knew he would take care of her.  My grandfather’s reasons weren’t so complicated.  “She was pretty,” he said.  “She looked good.”

After my grandparents finished telling their story and saw it play out through the years in pictures and in song, my sister asked them if they would do it all again.  “Oh, yes,” our grandmother assured my sister, wiping tears from her eyes.  “I would do it all again for him and our family.”

“Yes,” my grandfather agreed.  “It was all worth it.”

It’s been several years since that video was made, but our family still treasures it.  Most recently, we watched the video to mark the death of my grandmother.  My grandfather died many years before.  My grandmother had lived to see the birth of her and my grandfather’s great-great-granddaughter.  To our family, their journey was most definitely all worth it.




Memories Of Someone's Grandparents writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Please write a story about someone's grandparents 300-330 words

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jessizero All rights reserved.
jessizero has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.