General Non-Fiction posted November 1, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A true story from my history about getting caught stealing.

Caught Red Handed

by David Louis Bragen

     Many years ago, when I was four years old, I was shopping with my parents at a local supermarket. I had come along for the ride, though I did more than only accompany my parents, because I had ideas of my own about something I wanted to bring home with me to eat later in the day. Outside, past the cashier, around behind the checkstand there were racks of candy bars and chocolate bars within reach and I could not resist. 
     I wanted chocolate, and I thought to bring some home to eat after dinner, and I hid two in a pocket or in my pants or, I don't remember for sure but when I got home they were still there. I then got the idea to share with my sister, so I showed them to her and she told me to give her one, but I insisted they were for after dinner, and she said give her one now or she would tell on me. I said no. 
     She told on me and I got in big trouble. My father did not take it well and he punished me with his open hand and made me go back to the store and give back the candy, taking me by the wrist with the candy in my fist. My first experience therefore of getting caught shoplifting was in North Hollywood when I was four years old, I admit I am better off without the taking unpurchased merchandise to ruin my night. Amen. 



True Story Contest contest entry


These are old memories, told as accurately as possibly.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. David Louis Bragen All rights reserved.
David Louis Bragen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.