General Flash Fiction posted October 24, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Contest Entry

Bill has Lost His Way

by Raul1


A little boy has lost his way home, and his parents are out looking for him. He wanted to walk to the church. Bill is his name, and he preaches the word of God. Even though he is lost, he goes inside a Catholic store. He forgot where the church was, but his parents arrive and found him.
 
"Bill, where were you? We have been worried sick looking for you!" his mother asked.
 
"I wanted to go to church, mom, because I would like the both of you to be safe with God. I want you both to have better lives," Bill replied.
 
"Why, don't we all go to church right now, since you were lost trying to find it, and all of us will pray for better lives, okay?" Dad suggested.
 
"Yes, that will be super!" Bill said jumping for joy.
 
"By the way how did you get to the Catholic store all by yourself?" Mom asked.
 
"I took the metro bus and didn't know where else to go. I was lost," Bill replied.
 
"You were lost alright!" mom said.
 
"Yes, I was lost, and this store was the only safe place for me to stay," Bill replied.
 
"We were glad to have your son's company. He loves our store so much because it gives him hope. He was crying for both of you, but we kept talking of Biblical stories with him," the nun said.
 
"Thank you, Mother Lisa. We will be heading to church quickly," Bill told Mother Lisa.
 
The Cartage family drives to church. Bill Cartage an hour later goes in the church, and they all are happy singing gospel songs. Bill's parents finally knew the reason why he ran away. It was that he wanted to get lost so that his parents would find happiness and safety for their future. Bill and his family have better lives. They are hearing God's speech and Bill talks to Jesus Christ in spirit.



Lost - Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story under 500 words about being lost
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.