General Fiction posted October 26, 2022 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 15... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Warriors finally exit the Spiritual Realm.

A chapter in the book The Walkers

Cal's Rage!

by papa55mike




Background
Gabriel Hope leads a formidable team of Angels and Walkers through the Spiritual Realm on a dangerous mission to India.
The Warriors silently walk along the rough trail beside the Lainhau mountains that weaves its way through the darkness. Cris notices a slight change in Cal, and she seems deep in thought. Cal begins to lag behind the others, quietly arguing with herself until she screams, "Would you get out of my head!" She stumbles over a rock on the trail.
 
Cris turns to catch her, and Cal steadies herself in his arms. Cris asks, "Are you all right?"
 
Cal pushes him away and exclaims, "I'm fine! What's it to you, pretty boy?" She forces her way past him.
 
"Not much, evidently." Cris turns with a confused look and watches her storm her way ahead.
 
Cal asks Gabe, "Where are we, big man?"
 
"It's still China, and the Xi Jiang River is back there. We're almost halfway to the next portal. How are you feeling, Cal?"
 
"Me, I'm ready to kill them all!"
 
Gabe smiles at the glaring look on Cal's face and replies, "Well, that's nice. I've seen that look in a mirror before. Be careful. That hate can consume you."
 
Cal shakes her head and rubs her temples, saying, "It's different now, Gabe." Her face lightens some. "I don't know what's changed, but I can barely control a rage inside me. It wasn't there before. Keep an eye on me, will you."
 
"That's my job. I'm the leader."
 
The Warriors tighten the ranks as they get closer to the portal to Nepal. Cal is still glowering at Cris, and he's trying to stay out of her way. Cris knows he needs to be sharp, but it's hard thinking about what's happened since Cal came out of her coma. It feels like the plane is missing all over again. He swore to himself that he'd never feel those emotions again. Cris whispers, "How did that work for you? Ah, not too good." He stops in midstep to think out loud, "Wait a minute, division. That's what Satan is after. The dream that gave away our location was Cal's. He brought something out of her with a memory. But what?"
 
Gabe announces, "We're almost there. Stay close. It's just around this boulder."
 
The moment they get in the clear, the portal starts to swirl. Something is coming through before they get there. The other Warriors slip into the darkness of the crevises, except Cal. She takes her bow, draws an arrow, and when the Legions step through one by one, they each meet an arrow right between the eyes. Cal exclaims, "That felt so good."
 
She walks over to the left-behind armor and then kicks out a short sword and scabbard for herself. "I think I can use this."
 
Cris walks up to Cal and says, "I hope that didn't give away our position."
 
Cal glares at him, then answers, "Bring them on. That's more for me to kill."
 
Gabe says, "I've got a shoulder harness for that sword. I'll dig it out when we make camp in a little bit."
 
"That sounds cool," Cal replies. "You mean we'll be out of this place in a little while?"
 
Gabe answers, "Yes, ma'am. Let's get through this portal, and it's just a few miles after that to the next one."
 
Michael says, "After you, my friend."
 
"Gladly, Michael. Follow me, everybody." Gabe leads them into the swirling darkness.
 
The Warriors are greeted on the other side by a majestic mountain range that fills the horizon.
 
Cris asks Gabe, "Where are the clouds and demon patrols? They were all over the states."
 
Michael says, "I'll answer this question, Gabriel. These people are so far from God, Cris. They don't need much demonic support to spread evil."
 
"Wow," Cris replies. "Wide is the gate for destruction, and narrow is the way to salvation."
 
A calmer Cal asks, "Where are we, Gabe?"
 
"We're walking along the Great Himalayas near Rolwaling Valley. Many of the world's tallest peaks exist here, and Mount Everest is a little farther south. The next portal is in that direction, and we'll be back in the Physical Realm. The town of Supaul is a mile or so away."
 
"You mean a girl might be able to clean up a little?"
 
Gabe chuckles and answers, "Well, I can't promise you a hot bath, but there is a river nearby."
 
"That'll do! These clothes are sticking to me."
 
The rough terrain slows them down a little, but it doesn't take long for them to get there. The Warriors stand before their final destination after traveling eight thousand four hundred miles from a small town in Tennessee.
 
Gabe turns to Cal and says, "Don't take out anyone this time. They will be able to triangulate our position if you do."
 
"Got you, boss. It's hard to fathom that we'll be back in the real world again."
 
Michael warns, "Your bodies and physical systems will change. You'll go back to needing food and rest again."
 
Cris responds, "That will be different. I think I've lost a few pounds in here, and I could use a nap."
 
Cal speaks up, "I'll lead the way this time." She disappears into the swirling darkness, and the others follow.
 
~
 
Satan's office is a buzz of activity. Leviathon is on the wall screen saying, "We lost four Legions in Guangdong Province. Reinforcements are checking it out, and there's been no other trace of them."
 
"Your Legions are standing beside me, and they didn't see what hit them. Where does that portal lead to?"
 
"To the Great Himalaya's Master, and all those portals lead south into India."
 
"Let me check into all of the operations in that area."
 
"Yes, Master." Leviathon breathes a sigh of relief before his head vanishes from the screen.
 
Satan hollers, "Slaves!"
 
His two secretaries race into the room, saying, "Yes, Master!"
 
"Start checking all of our operations in Northern India and put them on alert. We may have trouble brewing."




The Cast of Characters.

Prisha
The twelve-year-old girl who her father sold to the Dealer in the prologue.

The Angelic Warriors

Gabriel Hope
At six feet six inches tall and 295 pounds, Gabe is a 20-year veteran of the Army Rangers, and he's been walking for the Lord for 23 years.

Michael
The Arch Angel of Heaven, Prince of God, Commander of the Lord's Armies. His massive size varies depending on the situation. Michael has been friends with Gabe for many years after recruiting him for battles in the Spirit Realm.

Cal Cummings
At six feet two inches tall and 200 pounds, Cal graduated from Vanderbilt University with a Master's degree in Theology. She also starred in Volleyball and is an Olympic Champion Archer. Five years ago, she was working in the mission fields of Africa when bandits killed her Mother and Father in a brutal attack, and Cal barely escaped.

Cris Turner
At six feet tall and 200 pounds, Cris has a Master's degree in Criminal Science and Theology from North Carolina University. He is also an excellent shot with his Colt 45 model #1911. Three years ago, he started walking for the Lord when his wife and son were killed in a plane crash, but Cris missed the flight.

The Enemy

Lucifer, Satan, or the Evil One
He is the Supreme Commander of all the demon armies and ruler of the dark side of the Spirit Realm.

Beelzebub
2nd in command under Lucifer, all of the other generals report to him. He uses pride to tempt others.

Asmodeus
Commander of the North American army of demons, he tempts others with burning desire.

Leviathon
Commander of the Western Asian army of demons, and he tempts others with heresy.

Legions
The slow-marching skeletal soldiers in Satan's armies - Legions vary in size from five to seven feet tall. They are known for their ability to leap upon their prey and are mighty in battle.

Familiars
They are much smaller than the Legions but quick soldiers that hunt in packs. They cling to the dried-up riverbeds, oceans, lakes, and streams, and Familiars carry short swords and slingshots.

Cambions
Cambions are one to two-foot-tall demons with oversized reproductive organs. Cambions are created in the Spirit realm when a Succubus has intercourse with a male or female human while dreaming.

Garrote
A Super demon created in the Spirit realm when Satan or one of his generals has intercourse with a young virgin girl in the earthly Realm.

Succubus
A demon that hides in the darker realms waiting for humans to sleep so they can invade their dreams to have intercourse with them. They can be either male or female.







Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.