Satire Poetry posted October 1, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Not saying anything is unbalanced

Untested Quietness

by Deniz22

Better thought a fool than speak, removing doubt.
Methinks it was one afraid to enter the idea fray,

Who promoted the value of silence by putting this out.
But let us consider this matter another way?

Yes, silence is golden, still waters run deep,
But perhaps the idiot is merely asleep?





We all know some quiet people and usually assume they are very wise. However, I got to know one of these individuals and found he really thought he was far more intelligent than his contemporaries. Fact is, in some areas he was superior to others and he should have spoken up to help them become better at their mutual craft. But of course, when you speak on important matters, you must be ready to defend it, since certainty in any field draws naysayers like vultures to dying animals.

So for some, better to bask in unspoken greatness, rather than experience the slings and arrows of laboring with the unwashed masses. :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.