General Poetry posted September 30, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The way it would be

Imagine

by Joanne Gill-Maddick

 

What would it be like if pets could talk.  They would ask you to take them out for a walk.

 

What would happen if fish could fly they would be blowing bubbles in the sky. 

 

Imagine pigs that can stand on their heads or an horse that sleeps in his very own bed. 

 

Imagine a duck with a knapsack on his back as he waddles along saying quack quack quack. 

 

Imagine walking down the street and seeing a beaver in a drivers seat. 

 

Just around the corner I see a mouse.  Holy cow he’s as big as an house.  

 

Just as I was about to leave to go home into my path steps a purple gnome.

 

Then I proceeded to walk on by when I saw an elephant flying in the sky.

 

You don’t know when you go out what your going to see. 

 

For when I turned to walk away a tree spoke to me.  

 

I ran as fast as I could, my heart was beating out of my chest.

 

I then sat upon a rock to take a little rest. 

 

I returned home and shared my adventures.  I wasn't sure what to say. 

 

My family looked at me and laughed and said did you hit your head today?




Funny Nonsense Poem writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a funny nonsense poem.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.