General Poetry posted September 29, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A philosphical poem

Giants

by royowen

The giants that you face today
won't run from you or go away.
They'll come again to haunt your dreams,
and strip those stitches from your seams.

The fear that paralyses feet,
confuses minds, creates defeat,
it's really like some toothless dog,
derives its power from mindless fog.

Created monsters rave and taunt,
control your mind, with fear they haunt.
But you can look him in the eye,
by your faith say, "it's now, you die."

King David was a shepherd boy,
and by His faith, his strength, his joy.
He faced Goliath with one stone,
the giant lay in death, alone.

Though ten feet tall he was no match,
compared to God a flea-bite's scratch.
Whatever giant comes your way,
faith in God will win your day.

R.Owen 11/04/2022





This is more about metaphoric giants, problems that we can get victory, David was offered armour to fight the 10 foot giant Goliath, he was a mere boy. He had already killed a bear and a lion. How? He knew His God was bigger than any giant he could face, or wild animal, which was the case with this encounter, was David a better than you or I? No way, he had many frailties, but he had faith.

1 Samuel 17:4-7
A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. His height was six cubits and a span.[a] 5 He had a bronze helmet on his head and wore a coat of scale armor of bronze weighing five thousand shekels ; 6 on his legs he wore bronze greaves, and a bronze javelin was slung on his back. 7 His spear shaft was like a weavers rod, and its iron point weighed six hundred shekels. His shield bearer went ahead of him.
1 Samuel 17:49:50
As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.
50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.
Thanks for reading.R.Owen
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.