General Poetry posted September 27, 2022 Chapters:  ...24 25 -26- 27... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Silly Motivational

A chapter in the book Children young and old

Playing is Playful

by Debi Pick Marquette

Kiddies motivational poem Contest Winner 


Do you know how much fun, play is to play?

How much you can play learning play everyday? 

Make friends that make friendships along the way.

Treat your friends good and good friends they will stay.

 

Did you know that play, can help to be helpful?

Playing is playful and caring is careful.

The joy that play brings is always so joyful.

To thank a friend means you are also so thankful.

 

Playing house can help learn about chores.

To earn an allowance and help mom in stores. 

Playing sports, are good sportsmanship scores.

Almost as fun as making some more s'mores. 

 

So playtimes are good times and good's always good.

Being a kid with great friends, makes a great neighborhood.

Special neighbors are friends, as only friends could.

Hope my play friends had fun, and my poem understood.



Writing Prompt
Write a poem that will appeal to young children. Any topic. Any poetry type.

Kiddies motivational poem
Contest Winner

Recognized

#125
September
2022


The decision to add punctuation to this was from the very beneficial and insightful advice of Miss Merri, who happens to be a second grade teacher. Her feelings that I agree whole heartedly, is while we are teaching children something with readings, we shouldn't leave out the lesson of always using punctuation as well. Pretty great advice from one teacher to another.

This is a lot easier to understand when reading it slower and to get each word and to to get the fun and messages.

I know this is very busy with repeating words about play and some may be just silly.
This was meant to make kids have fun with it, not to make a lot of sense, except to get a message to kids to be kids and have fun.
The grammatically wrong lines were done on purpose/ I was going for the silly Dr Seuss type of fun
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debi Pick Marquette All rights reserved.
Debi Pick Marquette has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.