General Non-Fiction posted September 19, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Really erks me how people can be

No Appreciation

by Lulube


It was getting close to losing the sun for the day but I still had a garbage bag of clothes to donate to Value Village. It would only take five minutes to drive there and I didn't want to wait another day with this bag in my hallway.

When I pulled up to the receiving bin, I saw a couple tossing clothes all over the place, looking for their next attire, I guess. I wasn't intimidated by them so I walked up and told the girl that there were some decent clothing in the bag I had. We began to chat and she told me that they had just been kicked out of where they had been living and had absolutely nothing.

I felt sorry for the two of them so I told them I'd be back and drove home and started to get together a load of comfort for them. It took less than a half an hour and I was back at Value Village.

They were still there when I returned, sitting at the far side of the building under some trees. I asked them to unload the large foam, sleeping bag, quilt, pillows, snacking food, shoes for her, sweat shirts and a personal bag with items for her. They thanked me and I wished them well and said good night.

The next day, I had to drive by and check on them but all I found was the foam, sleeping bag and one pillow, still laying under the tree.

I guess they don't care about what they sleep on and haven't got enough upstairs in their minds, to maybe donate to Value Village and not leave the items to rot.

Talk about no appreciation.



A Good Turn Gone Wrong writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Please write a very short story based on trying to help someone, but it's not appreciated. Fun or serious. No poetry.

MAX words - 300


True story
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lulube All rights reserved.
Lulube has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.