General Poetry posted September 19, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Prose Poem.

My Spirit Soars

by papa55mike

A gentle breeze drifts through the white lace curtains that remind me of my grandmother's home; now, the breeze chills, my spirit shudders within, then rises above my sleeping body while something pulls me through the window towards the clouds through the trees where the speckled Robin chicks smile when I rub the downy feathers, still, the tug directs me towards my destination.
 
My presence soars through the azure sky while cities punctuate the horizon and pristine lakes dot the landscape between the mountains and green valleys; then, I fall in line with a flock of Geese honking their way south for the winter while flapping their massive wings; spreading my arms; I do a roll away from the birds noticing that I'm over a vast ocean while the sun rises to my left then racing faster along the boundless sky.
 
Just above me is the edge of our atmosphere, and I hear the stars beckoning to me, but they are not my destination; it lies farther south, near the end of the world, and the coast of Australia comes into view with the flickering city of Perth then across the Indian Ocean to the South Island of New Zealand dipping down to the sparkling surface of the deep lakes in the Fiordland then darting above the rich green forests and jagged gray peaks with misty waterfalls tumbling down their faces and then floating above a mass of flowers in shades of red, blue, and purple along the coast before turning back north to the sea.
 
I'm heading northeast though I have no idea how I know, and the tip of a nation appears; it must be South America that lies ahead of me, and the pull guides me along the Andes, skirting around the jagged, snow-covered peaks, then down into the valley of Lago Gray, Patagonia, where a crystal river ribbons its way along from the melting glacier in the glistening light of the full moon, my mind can barely absorb the stunning beauty before me, and my heart fills with ecstasy.
 
Moments later, soaring above my body, I gently drift into the sleeping cavity of my soul, causing my body to jerk awake, then touching my face to make sure I am still alive while slowly absorbing the vast beauty of God's creation that He left behind for our partaking and stewardship.
 
My wife walks into the room and asks, "Did you have a nice nap, sweetie?"
 
 
"Yes, it was astounding!"
 
 
 




We need the save those precious regions in the world that harken back to the dawn of creation. God's love resides in every flower bloom, and we should cherish it.

Many thanks for stopping by to read!
Have a great day, and God bless.
mike
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.