Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted September 12, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
and worrying

Thinking and Talking to Myself

by pome lover

How do you think? Contest Winner 

I do talk to myself all the time, living alone. I go over worrying conversations I’ve had with friends who don’t believe what’s happening to this country. They say things like, “Well where did you hear that?” Like I’m making things up. Just because they don’t keep up with what is happening.

I think that’s the problem with a lot of people. They prefer not to know. 

I live with sadness and anger. I have always loved my country, but with everything that’s going on, today, that gets worse every day, I do not believe my country loves me. It seems that dishonesty, greed, self-preservation and control are the by-words of those in power.

Who would have thought, in a million years, that our government would hire 87,000 ARMED IRS agents to get money from us to pay for their WOKE agenda? Who could even imagine the evil of castrating and mutilating children, of teaching them that they can change their sex if they want to – children!!!  That whites are racist, that a United States President would say in an address to the nation that conservatives are the biggest threat to our democracy? Who would have ever believed that all the proof against Hunter Biden would be shoved under the rug and nothing would be done about it, or Hillary’s destroying of records.

Is that the American way?

Who thinks that governors who let their cities be burned and pillaged without raising a finger to stop it is a good thing? An American thing?

WHY are people accepting these things without putting up a fight?

BECAUSE we haven’t the power when both the House and the Senate are controlled by those who want to ALWAYS HAVE THE POWER AND CONTROL.

I have been thinking about FREEDOM LOVING AMERICANS who are tired to death of watching this once, great country be pitied, ridiculed, and certainly not respected or feared, go down the tubes toward Socialism- total government control. And it breaks my heart.

The new Prime Minister of England, a tall, strong, blond female, just said she was going to open their oil pipelines and restore their country’s oil independence. Good for her! And what does our President do? Close ours, tap into our reserves and give it away, while signing a pact with our enemies, and buying dirty oil. Is this America?

Our economy is down, gas prices and food prices exorbitant. The price of everything is up and families can’t afford to buy food, take a vacation. This is America??? Our Southern border has let in over TWO MILLION illegals and neither our President or Vice President have done a thing about it or even gone to look at what’s going on. And the press secretary has the gall to say, “Well they don’t just walk into our country.” Unbelievable.

America is no longer America. And believe me, “they” have plans to make it worse.

That’s what I think about, constantly.



Writing Prompt
If a mind is a terrible thing to waste, how would you stop doing so?

How do you think?
Contest Winner


as there are many who think as I do, I do not think I have identified myself and should not be disqualified.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.