Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted September 11, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A mysterious beauty.

A Moment in Time...

by Douglas Goff

100 Word Dash Contest Winner 

In Panama, a multi-colored bus was returning me to base from some native ruins. Next to me sat an attractive, petite girl with long black hair and smokey brown eyes. My light blue eyes were rare here and she gasped when our gazes met, our faces close.

She tenderly kissed me full on the lips. What was only seconds seemed like minutes. Squealing brakes signaled her stop. She hesitantly left. I rose, but realized that I would be late for duty. It was only a moment in time, but I still wonder what I missed, not following that mysterious beauty.



Writing Prompt
Can you tell a complete story with just 100 words? If so this is your opportunity to shine. The topic is open. Write about anything.

100 Word Dash
Contest Winner


This is a true story that occurred in 1991. If you are not prior military you may be thinking that I was an idiot for not getting off that bus, but AWOL wasn't taken lightly.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Douglas Goff All rights reserved.
Douglas Goff has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.