Spiritual Fiction posted September 3, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A prayer from my heart to God.

The Heart of God

by poetwatch


 
 

Dear God,

“You alone truly know every human heart.” *

I hope and pray that I find favor in your eyes, God. I know I am not perfect, for my heart, at times, has had a treacherous nature. I have sinned and ask for your forgiveness. Some say that you do not exist or that you don’t hear us call, but I know you do. One has to believe in you always not only in time of need. You may not answer us at that precise moment, but you see us and hear us. Yet, what is in our hearts is what you see. We are your children and you have given us the right to choose whether to believe or not.

I was not there when creation was constructed or when you gave life. I was not there at the beginning, but a memory of me was in your heart. I believe in you, Father, and in your Son.

I know not what will happen tomorrow, but what will be will be, for you are God, and I belong to you. Thank you for your love.

Respectively Yours,

A loving son

 



Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.


* 1Kings 8-39
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. poetwatch All rights reserved.
poetwatch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.