Satire Flash Fiction posted August 24, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The story of a selfish leader.

The Big Blond Wolf

by HarryT


There once was a Big Blond Wolf who claimed he was smarter than any animal in the forest. He howled he was the smartest of all animals, he and only he could make the forest kingdom great again.

The Big Blond Wolf bragged about his own greatness and surrounded himself with sycophants that bowed to his every whim and providing him with constant adulation. His promises and hateful speeches rallied the fearful forest creatures to his side. He reveled in his audience reaction when bashing his perceived enemies, telling his followers that the forest press was creating fake news about him. He raised a paw when willfully ignorant minions chanted, "Make Our Forest Great Again." They voted and made him head of the pack, giving him the adulation he so desired.

After he became leader of the Forest Kingdom, he showed his disdain for Forest rules and traditions. He dismissed those he himself appointed when they tried to tell him the truth. Many he appointed cautioned him about his willingness to defy the rules and traditions set down by the Forest Founders long ago. He thought nothing of giving favors to lesser wolves who would work toward gaining him greater personal and political success. The Big Blond Wolf also thought nothing of forsaking his oath and allegiance by asking other dangerous animals outside the Forest like the Black Bear to interfere with the Forest's election process.

Finally, after years of selfish leadership, right-thinking animals had enough. He had failed to protect them from a rabies pandemic that was sweeping not only the Forest but the rest of the world. They gathered together and voted him out of leadership. However, he is causing disruption by telling a big lie, claiming the election was fraudulent, and that many dead animals voted and other votes for him were stolen. He also has taken many secret documents and tried to hide them in his winter lair, causing concern for the welfare and security of the forest. Who knows what the big wolf intended to do with the documents?

Unfortunately, the Big Blond Wolf still has many on his side who are fearful of losing their status, who are still denying the election of the experienced Gray Wolf. So, unfortunately, a once United Forest remains hatefully divided.



Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that has 500 words or less. Any topic.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.