General Poetry posted August 12, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
See notes below.

And Then He Was Gone.

by tempeste

as tears fell,
Lee took one last gasp
a sharp rasp



3-5-3 'Air' Poem writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a three-line, 3-5-3 syllable count, poem on any aspect of the theme 'air'. It can be on breeze, wind, tornadoes, hurricanes, twisters, breath, or any other topic directly related to air. Creative approaches are welcome. Have fun! :)


I went to the vet cause my Boobalee ( Lee for short)was drinking non stop , after the visit vet told me : nothing serious, just overweight, must go on a diet.

I believed him , I asked if I should let him drink and he said yes.

The following day at midday my boy was drinking then suddenly he started to wail and I rang the vet but he was at a conference and would be back only at 15.00

He stopped wailing but I could see he couldnt breath I picked him up gently and put him on a chair near the radiator and stroked him softly .. I knew he was dying
He took one last gasp and then he was gone. It was 4th March 2003.

The vet wanted to open my boy to see why the bad turn but I told him No.

He failed and I wasn't going to let him touch my boy.

I cursed the vet .. the nightmare lasted about half an hour.

I m convinced his lungs were full of water thats why he was gasping for air.

Boobalee is now resting under our pink camelia tree. He loved to lay there in the shade.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.