Horror and Thriller Fiction posted August 5, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A killer is born

A Child No More

by Mia Twysted


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Woken from her bed by an eerie sound, Lisa tip-toed past her parents' room and crept downstairs. Reaching the kitchen, she saw a soft white light shining under the basement door. Being a curious 5-year-old, she slowly opened the door and descended the old wooden stairs. An oval-shaped light stood suspended in the air. A hot heat encompassed Lisa's body as she came upon the sight. Circling the spectacle, she wiped the sweat from her eyes. Her nightgown absorbed the moisture as she reached out to touch the anomaly.

Pulling back her hand, she winced in pain, clutching her burnt fingers to her chest. The light began to shimmer, and its smooth alluring song changed to a high-pitched squeal. Throwing her hands over her ears, she fell to the floor. Screaming for her parents, Lisa scrambled to her feet and ran for the stairs. The door slammed shut as her foot touched the highest step throwing her head over heels back down to the bottom. Darkness sucked in the light as a shadow emerged from the glow. Cowering before the shadow figure, the small child trembled as the creature scooped her up in its arms. Lisa's cries for help went unheard as she struggled against the capture that took her into the light.

Lisa saw those events in her head, though it felt like someone else's life. Eighteen years later, as she stood on the opposite side of the oval doorway, preparing to return to Earth, she felt numb. All emotion forced and drained out of her as captors primed her to carry out their objectives in a world they could only enter for minutes at a time.

Her once smooth skin was now rough and textured, beaten repeatedly with a broad sword each time she cried for home. She often rubbed her scars, trying to recall life before the Oonag. Looking around, she saw the other children she used to cry with now nothing more than trained killing machines to serve the Legion; they were all killers now.

The alarm sounded as the portal began to open. One by one, the lost and stolen children walked through, arriving at the very spot where they had been taken, each a mission with targets they must eliminate. Taking a deep breath, Lisa stepped through the portal to find herself back in that basement from all those years ago.

Scaling the stairs, the assassin entered the house, taking in her surroundings. Turning the corner, she came face to face with her parents. They stood shocked and astonished at the sight of their long-lost daughter. They reached out to take her into their arms, no questions asked, with tears in their eyes. Sliding her sword from its sheath, she twisted it around her body before crossing it out in front of herself. Lisa watched without sentiment or emotion as the couple fell to the floor, bleeding from their necks. She pondered for only a moment before stepping over their bodies to complete her mission.



Assassinate Me A Thriller! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In 500 words or less, write a thriller (or/and horror) prose involving an assassin/assassination or hitman/hitwoman. No poetry or script, please. Be creative and have fun! :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Raoul D'Harmental at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.