Self Improvement Fiction posted July 20, 2022 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Mysteries Of Life Abound

A chapter in the book Dribbles And Drabbles

Bisque

by Brett Matthew West

200 Word Flash Contest Winner 

A Nikon camera strapped around his neck, the ancient geezer didn't fit in our island getaway. He perched on the balcony, sipped coffee, and faked a glance at a colorful brochure. I could tell he couldn't care less about what he held in his hand. Fifteen minutes elapsed. He never once flipped the cover.

I brought him seafood bisque. We exchanged half-hearted pleasantries. I forced myself not to stare at the oblong scar on his cheek. I picked up my bus tub, but couldn't place him.

Then, it struck me. My car had crashed. This was the stranger who yanked me out just before the vehicle exploded. I raced back to his table.

GONE!

I moved his bowl. There was his tip and this note:

"Forever indebted to you. I was headed to murder my invalid wife. Saving your life brought me back to a proper perspective. Thanks to you we celebrated our thirty-fifth anniversary together."

Chills raced down my spine. The night I wrecked, I was headed to pole dance in a strip joint. His heroic gesture turned my life around.

I unfolded his tip. Two singles wrapped another thousand bucks. I turned away. Tears flooded down my face.


Writing Prompt
Write a story on any topic. 200 Words Exactly! Title not included in count.

200 Word Flash
Contest Winner

Recognized


Thanks avmurray for the use of your picture you called Hungry?






Because a reviewer did not know what these two terms mean:

-ancient geezer -- sometimes what younger people call older people

-bus tub -- a tub restaurant servers and bussers place dirty dishes in when they clear tables
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.