General Poetry posted July 13, 2022 Chapters:  ...91 92 -93- 94... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Haibun

A chapter in the book One Thousand Cranes

The Love Letter

by Gypsy Blue Rose


Unpacking dusty boxes in grandma’s attic, I found a yellow brittle love letter inside a book of poetry. Next to it, a dried rose frozen in time, emanated romance and tears of lost lust.  I had to decide in which pile this precious memento had to go. I held it tenderly close to my heart and silently I said goodby.

 

dust travels 
through a ray of dark sun 
dancing to the tune of time



 

 





3/6/7 syllables haiku and 59 words prose

Memento= an object that serves to remind one of a person, past event, etc.; keepsake; souvenir.

HAIBUN combines prose and haiku; it�¢??s written in present or in past tense. The subject matter can vary widely, but usually describes an unfolding scene, a slice of life, a special moment, or a journal.. Keep it as succinct as possible and do not repeat words, except the, an, or, etc�¢?�¦ Point of View Written in the first person (everything seen through the author's eyes) Length Varies from very brief prose with one haiku to long prose with interspersed haiku.

PROSE in Haibun TELLS the story, GIVES information, DEFINES the theme, CREATES a mood through tone, and PROVIDES a background to spotlight the haiku

HAIKU in Haibun MOVES the story forward, ADDS insight to the prose, RESOLVES the conflict in an unpredictable way, or QUESTIONS the resolution of the prose. click here for more information *** Haibun Today Editorial for further reading *** Haibun Guidelines

Thank you for taking the time to read and review my poem.

Gypsy
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.