General Fiction posted July 11, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A tiny story with a moral.

First Day

by Heather Knight




Sally's scared. She's starting school today.

'Will the other kids make fun of me because I'm adopted?'

'Nah, you'll make friends in no time,' her brother says.

'It's easy for you, but I'm different...'

'So?'

'How am I going to survive? I'm the only slug in a school for snails.'

 



50 Word Flash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Can you write a complete story with only 50 words? That's the challenge of this writing contest.


In Racism Explained to my Daughter (English title) by Tahar Ben Jelloun, one can find a lot of interesting ideas about a problem which is still very much alive in the 21st century. It's short and easy to read. I highly recommend it and don't always agree with the ideas in the video below, but of course that's a question of opinion.
In this book, the author says that one of the reasons we are racist is that we are afraid of what we don't know.

50 words aren't enough, but this kind of flash is a great editing exercise.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.