Spiritual Fiction posted July 6, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a young patriot

God Bless America

by pome lover

God Bless America Contest Winner 

 

 













A prayer for America:

Heavenly Father, please bless this land on her birthday and every day. America is filled with many good people who are waking up to the danger of Socialists taking over our country.  I would like to ask You a really special question. Is there any way You could enlighten those who have turned against their country? We could surely use Your help. We will do what we can, but we need Your help to succeed. Please don’t forsake us. I know some Americans have forsaken You, but most have not, and we humbly ask You to save this wonderful nation. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

~ ~ ~ ~

A group of God’s angels were gathered in front of Him. They had been watching the slow destruction of a great country and had asked for a conference with Him to discuss their deep concerns about a whole host of things that seemed to be growing out of control. They each had different points of concern that they thought the most important, and were so engrossed in their own arguments that they failed to notice God’s interest until they heard Him chuckle.

A young angel was most embarrassed and began apologizing profusely for them. Then there was quiet until a tall, serious angel began speaking. “America is a truly beautiful country;” he said, “a paradise of varied landscapes …  a true smorgasbord, if you will,” he added, trying to lighten the moment. “She should be loved and protected, enjoyed, and respected.“ He straightened his wings and said, “And defended.”

Another angel spoke up. “Though she is, at present, a long way from being a happy country, with Your help, God, and strong, patriotic people, she could soon see a brighter future.”

Another angel scratched his head, “Americans should be proud of their country!” he said. I do not understand why there are those who are not.”

“Nor I,” echoed two others.

The young angel, who was particularly interested in school age children, spoke again. “I have watched and listened,” he said, “and I believe there is a foul plan against that country and even children are to be victims of it. They have been fed falsehoods. Their history was changed by those who wanted to indoctrinate American children. And they did a good job of it, I’m afraid.”

The first angel joined in again. “But Americans have a proud history – not without faults, of course, but with their Constitution to guide them and their creed that all men and women are free and equal to achieve their goals, to pursue happiness, to become whatever they want to be. It seems to me with hard work and perseverance, they should be able to regain their country. I remember, that was how America was built; individuals with innovative ideas, determination and a good work ethic!”

The young angel spoke up again. “Sir, watching schools, houses and other places where children are found, I have seen horrific shootings and bombings, indiscriminately killing and maiming of children, and often if the perpetrator is caught, he is let go. Justice goes unserved in many cases, releasing criminals back into society to rob and kill again."

God listened and nodded. Things were definitely getting worse.  He had been trying to give his children problems to overcome, to work through and solve. Some of them have gotten soft—too permissive, and just plain too lazy to do anything about the problems under their very noses.  America was indeed a good, worthy country, but it had weak leaders who used their power to force their beliefs on the people they were supposed to be serving.  They need a good strong re-shuffle, He thought, but it looked like the time had come for Him to step up and help them confront and defeat Socialism and those trying to force it on Americans.  

As He listened to his angels talking among themselves, he wondered what he would do without them. And that very thought gave Him a bit of a jolt as He realized that the American people were thinking the same thing about Him. Maybe he needed to remind them that He was a benevolent God when they deserved it, and what they needed to do was stand together.  Those called The Swamp, cared not for the people they represented, only themselves, and He whistled, (God actually whistled!) at the lying, the underhanded shenanigans that went on, constantly. Should he simply stay out of it and let them seal their own fate, or give them another chance?

As he contemplated the enormous and complicated problem ahead of Him, voices from this very nation floated up to Him. They were the innocent, precious voices of children—the future of America.

God bless America,
Land that I love,

Stand beside her, and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.


From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam

God bless America, My home sweet home
God bless America, My home sweet home.


 God smiled. “They are asking for my blessing. Much will be up to them. The adults need to straighten out many things and prove their belief in Me by their daily actions. Angels, I want you to go down there and whisper into the ears of those who’ve been sold that sorry bill of goods, Socialism, and bring them to their senses. Maybe, with our help, the people will show a strong force of WILL, to insure honesty and integrity in their government and in their own lives, and things will start looking up for America.”

 It’s not going to be easy, He thought. A lot of damage has been done. Satan has been working overtime, and with a vengeance. But as God watched His eloquent, energetic messengers ready themselves, encouraging each other and issuing parting farewells, He blessed each of them and wished them well.

Then the angels each put hand to heart, bowed their heads in respect, and smiling hopefully, departed on their mission.
 
 




God Bless America
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.