Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 3, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Serves her right.

The Fish And Chip Trip

by LisaMay


Yesterday evening I went to the local fish-and-chippie to order a takeout meal. A younger woman arrived at the shop door at the same time and pushed in front of me. She clearly was in a rush, but there was no need to be impolite, and I said so. She ignored me. At least she didn’t swear at me, which I was half expecting.

She ordered first. By coincidence, it was exactly the same as my own request. When she was leaving after collecting her meal I was tempted to put my foot out to trip her, to teach her a lesson. Sometimes I have evil thoughts. However, I kept both feet tucked under my chair.

Karma got her on my behalf. I heard a sudden yell, and I turned to look out the window. She’d tripped over a chair on the pavement outside the shop. Her tray of food was scattered into the road gutter.

Sometimes I have nice thoughts. It would have been so very gracious of me to give her my own fish and chips and order some more. Haha. Dream on. She didn’t deserve it.



Barging in front of me,
she was grinning with glee.
But she wore a big frown
when all her chips were down.



 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.