General Fiction posted June 19, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a letter

For My Grandchildren

by Bill Schott
































Dear God:

First, Lord, I want to acknowledge Your all-powerful being and the all-knowing genius of Your relationship with the world. The sky, mountains, valleys, plains, and sea are all testaments to the unfathomable depths of beauty and facility of the earth.

I love You for all that has been given and all that You promise is yet to be. Thank you for the life I have been allowed to enjoy, and all the people who have traveled with me on this journey.

Today I focus on my grandchildren. These five represent where our lives have led. They will go forward and serve the kingdom in their way.

Please touch Braden. He will be graduating computer engineering school with a career ahead and a likely commitment to another person as well. So many new and important decisions, but with only a tenuous relationship with You. I pray that both he and his girlfriend find Your face as they look for strength to begin a life together.

Megan will one day be a scientist searching for the secrets which the human body conceals. Let her first find You, God. As her high school years fly by, her seeking out explanations to mysteries will be greatly enhanced once she unlocks the Truth about You and her spiritual path ahead.

Six-year-old Emily impresses with her superior learning skills and delightful mannerisms.  Let her please You and help her discover You early, so her life can grow in Your light and prepare her for life experiences which enrich and build the kingdom of God.

Please touch five-year-old Liam as he grows up between two siblings. He is a deep thinker and has a kind soul; let him be the fulcrum to both support his sisters and to magnify their efforts for positive results. Though he is young now, he will be a force for good as he grows.

Keep Kimberly close to You, Lord. She is a treasure and will be a blessing to all. At only three years old she demands attention for her precocious actions, and delights all others with her charming ways. Guide her to the place where she will be the impetus for advancement for all who would be Children of God.

Thank you, Lord, for all you do. You are behind us, beside us, and ahead of us, always.

Sincerely,

Bill


 



Dear God contest entry


Image is from left to right: Kimberly, Emily, and Liam.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.