Spiritual Non-Fiction posted June 16, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Letter to God

Little ones ...

by Wendy G



Dear God,

No, let me change that to "Dear Father" for that is who you are. I am delighted that I am adopted, your special child. Thank you for choosing me. It's good to know you chose me because you love me.

You love us all, I know, but many don't want to call you Father. Perhaps they have been too hurt by the failures of their earthly fathers, who were meant to love and nurture them like you do.

But today my heart is aching for the children of this world. It is so confusing and difficult for them. They no longer know where to turn for truth. Those waters have been increasingly muddied.

I won't lay blame on specific people, but they have been led by the father of lies. He of course is cunning, and lies are made to look like truth and truth is perverted to look like lies. He knows how to subtly include just enough truth to make his lies credible.

Children don't know where to turn for love either. That too has been distorted. Your heart must break as you see that many people never know now what true love is. It is other-centred, sacrificial. This is what your apostle Paul said about love. I learnt it by heart.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Isn't that the sort of love all children want? In fact we all want this love!

Father, many children do not even believe that you exist. Oh yes, they speak of you, or at least they use your name, but they do not know your character. For them it is just a bad word that one says at moments of surprise, anger, pain or distress. It hurts me when your name is maligned. It must break your heart too.

And also, Father, these children and young people are searching for meaning in their lives. They want a sense of purpose. Even children know that possessions do not last forever. Yet, that's what their parents are valuing above all else – even above time together as a family.

Father, what about children's fear? In some countries they are locked into school class-rooms! They are taught drills in case of gun attacks! They know the daily reality of such shootings. And what about the children in countries torn by war? Their fear is enormous.

Father, there are some children who are grieving the loss of precious loved ones, fathers and mothers, often to disease, violence , war or famine. Can you please be to them a substitute parent? Can you offer your super-natural peace and comfort? Your apostle Paul spoke of the "peace that passes understanding".  Can you please comfort them with that, and also give them the daily strength and courage they need?

Can you breathe new life into this next generation? And hope? And your peace? Fill them with your love? Be their precious Father?

Father, they need you. A great deal. I know you love children. Jesus spoke to and about children so often. Children are important to you. Can you please help them today? I am sure this prayer to you for them is within your will.

Thank you for answering.
Sending love, as always.
Your daughter 

 



Dear God contest entry

Recognized


(2nd place)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wendy G All rights reserved.
Wendy G has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.