Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted June 14, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
my father

The lion

by Iza Deleanu



My father who art in heaven can you hear me? I remember the days when we used to do our own thing: buying books under the table, because my mom didn't want us to spend the hard-earned money on ephemeral things.

You taught me to read, and you were the one that opened the library world to me and let me read without censure. You got me the first dictionary that helped me to search for the words I didn't understand. I remember being fourth grade, and my teacher telling you that I have an exquisite vocabulary way above my age. That praise got me more books, so in the end all it worked in my favor.

My father because of your unconditioned love, I learnt to appreciate the honesty of your vision, and you made me curious about this world. From you, I got this thirst for adventure - travelling and discovering unusual places. You gave me the love for music and dance. I remember that before I learnt how to walk, first I learnt how to dance.

You taught me to swim and let me be enchanted by that strange fascination of the aquatic world.

What is the most precious memory of you? My dear father who art in heaven now, I remember the day when you started to walk again after battling with the cancer for six months. I loved that you wanted to live for me, so we could visit the world together.

My dear father you fought like a lion and gave me three more precious years with you. You were my strengths and my sounding board. Whatever I wanted to try, you were there for me encouraging me and helping me.

Dear father, if you only knew how much I need you now. Please, watch over me, and help me keep the precious gift of life that our Almighty Father gave me.

"Our Father, Who are in heaven..." take care of my dad and tell him that I miss him always and forever.



A Special Time for My Dad and Me contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.