General Poetry posted June 11, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Check out notes section

An Unlikely Match

by tempeste

The Fig tree and wasp,
Nature's intricate web of
interdependence



Write A Senryu writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
A senryu is a three line Japanese poem structurally similar to haiku. It is unrhymed and the subject is based human nature. Line 1 - 5 syllables - Line 2 - 7 syllables - Line 3 - 5 syllables. I


They share a special type of relation which benefits both of them and essential to their survival.
The fig provides home to the wasp and the wasp provides the pollen that the fruit needs to ripen. The insect's life cycle begins when a tiny female wasp enters a fig and starts laying eggs.
The fig tree and wasp are into a mutual relationship that shows co-evolution. It means that the evolution of the flower and the pollinator species are tightly linked with each other. The female wasps use the flower to lay eggs and as a source of food.

Damn it , I was unable to embed the link so it's up to you folks to copy and paste..all I can say is that it is an extraordinary story.

PS; don't bother to review if you decide not to watch the video, cause all the magic is in those 52 minutes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xy86ak2fQJM
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.