General Fiction posted June 2, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Benny on holidays

At The Beach

by Aussie


Benny my poodle was bored. I packed his bag for the flight to Paris. He was so excited he wet my shoe. When we reached the airport he chickened out.
"I don't know any of my relatives in Paris" He whined
"Well, you wanted to go see them." I said

Air France Poodle Express taxied to the boarding gate. "I can't bark French." He was shaking so much the hostess said "Bonjour Benny, I will teach you some French as we fly to Paree!"

Benny thought she was the ant's pants and started drooling. After I hugged and told him he would be alright. He followed the hostie up the stairs; madly wagging his tail to her swaying rear end.

Sitting in first class was another poodle. A Poodle lady with jewels. The cabin crew were serving her doggie champagne and caviar. Which was really for the Caviar King Spaniels, not bad for a poodle though.

Benny stared at the lady Poodle with stars in his eyes. "What's your name?" She stared back with distain and said Lady Bonsoir, to you!
"Are you going to Paris?" She licked her paws and tested the caviar. "Oh, magnifique!" She growled. "Woof, looks like my dog food at home, all black and sloppy." Benny growled. The lady poodle said "You monsieur are an ignoramus!" Lady Bonsoir bared her teeth at the Australian.

"I'm going to the Riviera to lay on the beach, I even brought my ball in case another traveller wanted to play catch." Benny panted every time he looked at Lady Bonsoir.

He dared ask her what her name meant. She replied "Good Night!" Benny spied another poodle, she looked gentle and kind, not like the jewelled bitch. The young poodle fluttered her eye lashes at him and grinned, he panted. The hostess came up the aisle and started on French lessons for Benny.
"I like that other lady poodle better than that feisty old one in first class." He said.
"Well, find out if she speaks English dog-speak or only French." Smiled the cool hostie.
"Nah, she's French." No matter, we will start off with a few words you can use to speak to her, yes?"

"Ma Cherie, parley vous Anglaise?" Benny tried this on the good looking lady poodle. Nothing, nada, no response.
After landing in Paris and being taken by Carnivore Bus Lines to the Riviera, Benny and his new girlfriend, Maree, played ball endlessly on the pebble beach near the ocean. She was Aussie like him.






Recognized


Caviar in Cavalier King Charles is spelt like this for fun.

Club entry for the "Pets on vacation" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Aussie All rights reserved.
Aussie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.