Writing Non-Fiction posted May 27, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
No access Internet unless agree cookies

Cookies, web-sites

by LittleIrishman

Of lately, some businesses-companies only allow access to their web-sites if consumers-customers agree to cookies.

Cookies on the internet, especially shopping-related, are used to keep track of a person's internet usage and buying behaviour.

The title of cookies is quite unusual too. It sounds like the sweet-desert of biscuits, and the blue cookie-monster character from popular children's TV show, Sesame Street.

On one level, at least such businesses are being open and upfront by stating about such cookies.

However, on a negative point, such consumers may feel that these cookies lead into privacy issues, and anti-virus software and hackers.

Additionally, certain consumers may feel put off by this, being intrusive and inconvenient.

It is almost like receiving and being against physical junk-mail in people's mailboxes, except this time it is electronic.

Then again some consumers love shopping and buying, and these tracking cookies would work in with this.

The problem here though it is how these cookies are done electronically.

Bibliography
- Personal Experiences:
I have been to various product/service, and business-company web-sites that straight up ask for consumer compliance to their use of tracking cookies.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LittleIrishman All rights reserved.
LittleIrishman has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.