General Fiction posted May 18, 2022 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An amazing heist.

A chapter in the book The Amazing Heist

Dinner and a Surprise.

by aryr



Background
The team members included Abby (Annabelle), Henry, Sally, Paul, Billy and Freddie. They plan to pull an amazing heist.
Everyone was well rested for Saturday and greatly appreciated the down time. Belinda and Paul threw a great get together. It was definitely a time to eat, drink and be merry and merrier.

Sally and Billy brought a cheese, cracker and veggie tray. Henry showed up with several bottles of red and white wine and a few bottles of beer. Abby made sure that there were enough rolls for everyone and even had time to make a fruit salad without melon because Lucy had an allergy to it. Freddie and Lucy decided to bring two large salads with the thought that were enough for everyone. Meanwhile Belinda and Paul showed up with enough potatoes for everyone. Each person was to bring their favorite steaks or pork chop. It was definitely a great thing that nobody was vegan.

They all chatted for about three hours. Of course, there was the usual baby talk among the women and the men folk talked about fast cars and even faster boats. These two groups had their obsession about these things.

After heads were bowed for grace and Abby leading the prayer, they made sure to bless their activity for the pending success. By the time they finished grace, they were ready to eat.

The salads which started in large bowls were divided into individual bowls. Freddie and Lucy made sure there were enough dressings for every taste palate. There was also salad left over so people could help themselves.

The wine was greatly appreciated. The rolls were amazing. The steaks and chops had little flags designating their cooked temps so everyone could get to choose just the right piece.
Everything was all set.

Thankfully, the table was large enough to seat the whole group. Now everyone was being secretive about the fact that it was also a surprise baby shower. The gifts were in their cars. Abby had organized this and was super pleased with her efforts, since they had been a repeat of another baby shower.





Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.