Horror and Thriller Fiction posted May 17, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
100 word dash

You missed

by Neonewman

100 Word Dash Contest Winner 

The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

Sadie's eyes opened, scanning the dimly lit room in silence.

"Think, Sadie," she cried as pain and blood saturated her left shoulder.

"The blade missed my heart, asshole," she whispered, then smiled as she stared at her husband's bow and arrow set leaning against the dresser.

She could hear her attacker in the master bathroom but couldn't see him. Sadie grabbed the bow, sliding the arrow into place. She held the bow with her feet, pulling it back with her right hand.

She screamed in agony as the killer came into view. She steadied her hand and released the arrow.


Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

100 Word Dash
Contest Winner

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Neonewman All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Neonewman has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.