War and History Poetry posted May 8, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Limerick commemorating Russia's 'Victory Day'

Insanity Without Humanity

by LisaMay

Kiss a Russian, Lick a Nazi Day Contest Winner 

Great Mother Russia and glorious Vlad —
purging all Nazis, his fist iron-clad.
Who cares if they’re babies?
Has that man got rabies?
I’m not disputin’ that Putin is mad!


 



Kiss a Russian, Lick a Nazi Day
Contest Winner

Recognized


Author Note:
The photo depicts a sculpture called 'The monument of Grieving Mother', in Mamayev Kurgan memorial complex in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad), Russia. The Memorial complex to the heroes of the Battle of Stalingrad is a symbol of heroism and patriotism of the Soviet nation and a tribute to the memory of those who died in the great battle of the Volga river, a significant land battle which became a turning point in World War II. This enormous memorial complex, started in May 1959, was completed in1967. The key element of the ensemble is a world famous sculpture 'The Motherland Calls!'

Meanwhile, in Ukraine 2022, history repeats. Putin's Motherland troops are invading a country, to 'de-Nazify' it according to propaganda, and murdering innocent civilians, creating more grieving mothers.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.