General Fiction posted April 6, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I couldn't believe I won. Now what?

Jackpot at Hindu Bob's

by T B Botts


What were the odds? I had dropped in to Hindu Bob's Emporium for a soda and decided to get rid of the two Sacagawea dollars that had been lounging in my dresser drawer for years. On a whim I decided to buy a lottery ticket. You can imagine my surprise when the night of the drawing my number was picked. Three hundred and twenty million dollars after taxes. What had I gone and done?



75 Word Flash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Can you tell a complete story with just 75 words? That is the challenge of this flash fiction contest. Title not included in word count.


Winning a large sum of money could be viewed as both a curse and a blessing. Your name would be public knowledge, and everyone who had a cause would be knocking your door down trying to share in your winnings. I've heard that many who have won the lottery wish they had never done so, as it had basically ruined their lives.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.