General Poetry posted April 4, 2022 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Ekphrastic Sapphonic Triad

A chapter in the book Interpretations For Consideration

And I Love You

by Debra White



"And the songbirds are singing
like they know the score. And I love you..."

Piano's song
pulls my heart strings.
I have always
loved you, you know.

As time tick tocks ever faster,
we make the most
of ev'ry day that dawns.


 




Ekphrastic poetry - A description of a visual work of art, either real or imagined.

After reading Gloria's gorgeous Sapphonic Triad, 'Lily', (read it, if you haven't already!) I decided to attempt the form.

This form was created by FanStory's ciliverde and named by Pantygynt. It opens with a quote of two lines (approximately 16 syllables) is followed by a quatrain of four syllable lines and ends with a three line envoi - with an 8-4-6 syllable count. Credit the quote to its writer in your author notes.

Quote written by Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)

This is one of my favourite songs of all time. If you have the time, play the music video and give your ears a treat :)

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.