General Poetry posted March 12, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Lone Grey Wolf gallops across the tundra

Northern spirit

by Pangalactic

3-5-3 Contest Winner 

lone grey wolf


lopes across tundra

~

strength meets grace



Writing Prompt
Write a 3-5-3 syllable poem. It has three lines. The first line has 3 syllables, the second one 5 syllables and the last line 3 syllables. The subject can be anything.

3-5-3
Contest Winner


In a former life I was a bush pilot in Northern Canada Flying out of Thompson Manitoba.
One of my main jobs was flying Caribou hunters up past the tundra line to a hunting lodge.

We would fly around this incredible landscape until spotting the thousands strong herd, I would find a suitable lake to land on, hunter and native guide would head out to shoot a caribou.
I always had a fishing rod with me, as they could be gone for hours, and would invariably catch monster northern pike and lake trout.

On one occasion as I was returning home from the lodge alone, I spotted a lone wolf galloping across the sparse terrain.

This is one of the apex experiences of my life. Such an incredible sight �¢?? It was a magical moment I will never forget.
I'm so thankful that I happened to be flying a path that brought us together.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Pangalactic All rights reserved.
Pangalactic has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.