Horror and Thriller Non-Fiction posted March 10, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
399 words

Sleepover at Grandma's House

by Leann DS

True Supernatural Story Contest Winner 
My sister, Lisa, and I hopped onto the queen size bed with the fluffy comforter, bouncing around like we were still little kids. Going to grandmas house always made us act like this. And just because we were 20 and 24-years-old, we were not going to restrain ourselves. We loved it here with the smell of baking cookies, the old furniture, and grandma's positive aura that followed her around wherever she went.

We hadn't had a sleep over with grandma for years. We weren't here for any special reason except to spend time with grandma and feel nostalgic. Grandma entered the room after us and tucked us in. We giggled, feeling silly since we were not children anymore but loving it, nonetheless.

Grandma turned off the lights and went to her room. Just like when we were children, we felt total comfort and immediately fell asleep.

Sometime later, I was awoken; I'm still not sure what roused me. As I lay in the dark silence, I felt hands around my ankles through the comforter. Mybody tensed and froze. I looked toward the foot of the bed but saw nothing. I still felt The firm grip on my ankles. I was confused. My insides felt like the percussion section of a marching band, booming and speeding like a drum roll.

Just as I decided to wake up Lisa, my legs were lifted at a 45° angle, then dropped back to the mattress. I cried out of pure terror, and scooted over to find my sister. I trembled. My breathing became immediately heavy and labored. I was unable to speak through my sobs.

"What's wrong?" Asked Lisa.

"Turn on the light!" I begged.

Lisa clicked on the lamp . I looked around the room. There was no one there but us. A chill rushed up my spine like the Mercury in a thermometer. The entire room Felt like Pittsburgh in February..

Lisa asked again, "What happened?"

I excitedly described what I had experienced. Lisa believed me immediately.

Clutching each other, we got out of bed and dashed to the hallway where grandma kept a picture of Jesus and a statue of the Virgin Mary. We snatched them and dashed as quickly as we could back to the bed, jumping in and covering our heads. Now holding symbols of. our faith we prayed until dawn.


Writing Prompt
Word count 350 minimum-400 maximum
TRUE Story of You and a Sibling(s) visiting a home, outside tourist attraction, or building (no jails, churches, or cemeteries) with reports of human spirits/ghosts
No vulgar words, profanity, or sex/sexual terms/sexual innuendos implied or hinted at in dialogue/scenes
No satire

True Supernatural Story
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Leann DS All rights reserved.
Leann DS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.