General Non-Fiction posted March 5, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A contest entry

30th Birthday

by aryr


It was my 30th birthday, and I was so ready to celebrate. I was having dinner at my mother's with my husband, daughter and son. My sister was celebrating her birthday two days later, although she was several years older than me. It was decided that we would do our birthdays on the day between or the weekend. Thus, she had her husband and five children on hand.

It was decided as we sat across from each other and to open our gifts together.

My son was very tearful when he gave me his gift. It was three beautiful carnations and a card.

"Why are you so sad? It should be a happy time."

"I am sad because you are thirty!"

"Why's that?"

"Because you are thirty, and that means that you will die soon! And I don't want to lose you."

"Oh honey, unless God calls me home, I am not going to go anywhere." and I hugged him.

Years later, I am still kicking, my son is in his late forties, we are doing fine.



True Story Contest contest entry

Recognized


Thank you so much for the artwork of Celebration! by VMarguarite
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.