General Fiction posted February 22, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story

Paper Note

by Bridge

Another shopkeeper rejected me today. I am a one rupee note. My owner Ravi takes good care of me and keeps me in his wallet with others like me.
The shopkeepers, these days do not like us and prefer the coins I do not know what they see in the coins. I think we look prettier.
Some of the notes I live with are proud because they cannot be replaced by coins like us .Why could I not be one of the lucky ones ? I still look nearly as good as I did when I was born.
I heard Ravi say to his Dad that tomorrow he will take us ,the 'useless' notes into the bank and exchange us for coins. It broke my heart to hear him say that. This is the last day of my life. I do not want to die.



Personification contest entry


Rupee is an Indian currency. One rupee would signify in this story one dollar.
People in India now do not like using the note or paper currency as it tears easily
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bridge All rights reserved.
Bridge has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.