General Poetry posted February 22, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Comparison of Love to Weather

A Romantical Forecaster

by Tom Horonzy

A day in the life of a romantical forecaster brings both blessings and despair.

Metaphorically, it is like the weather; for every ray of sunshine, comes a drop of rain.
Meteorologically, when High pressure is charted rest assured it is led or followed by a Low.

Any romantic venture begins with a favorable forecast, or the romanticist wouldn't venture out to observe a smile, a wink, a flicker of light that heightens a curl. All indicators, of fair weather, for the cautious of heart.

Still, the climes of love are fickle for they may be warm or cold. Even forecasters are correct only eighty percent of the time. So, as you frontally approach a girl of your dream, be prepared, for fair weather can be as unstable as winds aloft.

If favorable, your flight can be as smooth as a stratus overcast, and yet above that mask, thermals may promote turbulence that aviators try to avoid for fear of having their wings clipped or placing a foot in their mouth such hopeful liaisons bring.

Still, if your terminal destination is to rise above infatuation, to find a woman worthy of fulfilling dreams, be predisposed, for a whimsical romance may have you change a flight plan to circumnavigate the up and downdrafts of a thunderstorm.

So, grab control. Take a wild guess. Shoot for the moon. The worst to occur might be a wash out; and which of ye forecasters, haven't been there before?





As a former Aerographer (Navy Weather geek, I structured this piece to represent a forecast a pilot would be given to have a successful flight with favorable winds avoiding dangerous weather.
Photo by yours truly, are of cumulus mammatus clouds a favorable condition for tornadic development, likely with cumulus nimbus (thunderstorms, above the base.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.