General Non-Fiction posted February 17, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
for the contest Angels Amongst US

My Daughter

by cupa tea


I believe angel's really do exist. Why you ask. Because I once saw one with my own eyes. Years ago when my daughter was still just a brand new baby and I was still married to my now, gladly, ex-husband an angel appeared before my eyes down the hallway leading to our bedrooms. Here's the story.

"You take her to the emergency room every five seconds," My husband scolded me in his best mocking voice. "All she has to do is sneeze and off you go." He made a gesture with his hand insinuating, as well as, insulting me as to how I left.

I remained on the chair looking down the hallway with worry. Just by the door which lead outside to the cars. From the curved hallway I saw something white peek at me from the corner as if they didn't wanna be seen by anyone else. I kept watching. The figure stepped out just enough for me to see her and quietly motioned for me to follow. Without question I rose and fled down the hallway to my daughter's room.

I checked her. She was burning up. The angel had disappeared just as soon as I rounded the hallway and saw her glancing into my daughters room. She nodded her head when I moved towards the door and after that she was gone.

I picked up my daughter, put her into her coat and loaded up the diaper bag. I announced as I left by the back door that I was leaving. My daughter is now near thirty years old. Still very much alive and living in a big city far from me. If had not taken her to the emergency room that day she would have died. Yes, I believe in angles. But I believe in ghosts too. It's just my life.






Angels Amongst Us writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Describe a true life experience where you believe an angel saved your life. It can be your own experience or someone that you know. 300-500 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. cupa tea All rights reserved.
cupa tea has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.