General Poetry posted February 15, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A poem..

I wrote the songs

by royowen

I love to write a song with rhyme,
I use a metronome for time.
I write the words as passion flows,
compose a melody that glows,

To write a tune does not take long;
compose some lyrics - it's a song.
We add the drums. guitar then strums.
the singer sings, creation comes.

I wrote with heart, it forms a plot
a vision forms, (give all I've got)
We then record, with one accord,
I'm now equipped with words, my sword.

But this was oh, so long ago,
I formed a band, my songs to sow
in pastures green, watched folk respond,
as music's spell forms Heaven's bond.

But this was oh, so long ago,
my children grew and left the show.
But they still raise their kids with care,
those seeds revealed such talent rare.

R.Owen 7/01/2022



Recognized

#16
February
2022


This s inspired by a great nonet post from LisaMay called Troubadour Tom, she is a fantastic writer, check her out.

After I came to know the Lord at 41, I learnt to play guitar
and before I knew it I started writing songs, mostly ballads which suit the gospel genre well.
I had sung with a rock band in my twenties, and combined with booze and performing led me on a merry moral dance over a couple of years.
Halted by an encounter with the Lord of glory, some years later, Elaine and I were married, in our thirties, and a couple of years later we had two children, Rebecca and Catherine, who I adored, but it did not slow my drinking and gambling, until my dramatic encounter with God.
I turned around 180 deg. we became richer and our marriage was healed, and my girls had a chance with a sober, doting dad.
Elaine has always been the glue that holds our family together. We joined our familys musical talents with our close friends family and recorded an album of my songs, bought a bus.
Our kids had proved to have considerable musical talent, as had the other family, so equipped with instruments 8 children and 5 adults we toured over the next 3 years, before we completed our task. That is a brief story and testimony.
The rest, as they say, is history. I wrote 80% of the music and skits. 3 out of 5 of grands are talented musicians, two have/are performing in musicals as principles, the 8 year old, Miah as Gavroche in Les Miserable, and my 10 granddaughter is a champion dancer with many trophies and medals under her belt, her dance group â??cheersâ?? are national champions. The Lord has done mighty things. Bless His name.

Thanks for reading. R.Owen
Artwork by google


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.