General Non-Fiction posted February 14, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The tree was a life saver

Angels are near

by Joanne Gill-Maddick





In the year 1990 my husband and I travelled to visit relatives at a town that was a 13 hour commute from home.
We had our two boys with us, one was a baby in his car seat in the back and our oldest sitting next to him.  He was seven years old.

 It was snowing and very slippery on the hills at that time. My husband struck a patch of ice and lost control.  He had to let the wheel go and allow the car to do whatever it was going to.

The only thing to do was hope and pray for the best. It was a terrifying experience. One that I will never forget as long as I live. The car left the highway and we ended up about 200 feet away from the side of the road.   We brought up against a large tree that broke off in front of our windshield.  That tree was a life saver.

The place where our car left the highway was the only place for miles and miles that didn't have steep embankments. I shudder at the thought of what could have happened if we had left the highway in another location.

I truly believe there were angels with us that day. Neither one of us were badly injured.  We came out of it with a few scratches and shook up mentally.

A kind gentleman stopped and offered to bring us to a nearby town where we stayed until we got a tow truck to retrieve our vehicle.

I was so distraught that I had forgotten my purse and I remember there was a Good Samaritan who dropped it off at a nearby police station, I received a call informing me I could pick it up there.

I was scared to drive for a long time after that. We were truly thankful for the positive outcome that allowed us to live to tell you this story.



Angels Amongst Us writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Describe a true life experience where you believe an angel saved your life. It can be your own experience or someone that you know. 300-500 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.