General Fiction posted February 11, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I hope he comes to see me every morning.

My Friend the Sun

by HarryT


I have a special friend, his name is Sun. In the morning, he usually climbs over my neighbor’s roof and reaches through my bedroom window, waking me. He brings wonderful gifts as warmth and luster to my days. I love him, except in the summer when he gets angry hot and covers me with smelly sweat. However, when he fails to come, those dark and dreary days can be depressing.

Occasionally, he’s detained by roiling storm clouds, but after a time, he chases most away, except a few on which he sewed silver linings. Sometimes, he’ll bring his friend, Rainbow. I love it when she dances across the sky in her gown of flowing colors.

Before he says goodnight, he splashes the western horizon strawberry and lavender with streaks of orange sherbet. He then gives a wink, as he pulls up his night covers and goes to sleep.

 



Personification contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.