General Non-Fiction posted February 9, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Cults control people by the words they use

Spiritual Prisoner

by T B Botts


I didn't want to be here. This wasn't what I signed up for when I first started attending the meetings at my neighbor's home. I believed the elders when they said  that God was providing a place for us in the wilderness, away from the influences of the world. Now here I am, stuck in this wet, miserable camp with a hundred other misfits trying to gouge out a living from a land that was reluctant to produce even the barest of crops. The eldership just preached that those that left were bound for hell. Guess I'm stuck here forever.



The Prisoner writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In 100 words, or less, write a short story--not necessarily a flash-fiction, though it could be--on the theme/subject/topic of 'prisoner'. It could be literal or metaphoric.

Recognized

#54
February
2022


Never underestimate the power of words. They can be used as weapons to control people, playing upon their fears or ignorance.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.